Monday, November 5, 2018

The Body Shop Review: Tea Tree Oil Toner for Acne Treatment

      Skincare routine has been a lifestyle obsession for most women. I share the same obsession and sentiment on their undying fight against skin problems to achieve healthy glowing skin. I've been in search of good skincare products that stayed true to its claim and finally I found my holy grail.  


The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Mattifying Toner

My skin has flaws, sometimes I get acne especially during monthly periods, when exposed to dirt and stress. Until I've discovered the effectiveness of Tea Tree Oil and its benefits to the skin, I'm able to combat these skin problemsBeautiful skin is a lifetime process so having a proper skin care routine today can help you keep beautiful skin in the future. 

So, how does Tea Tree Oil helps you achieve good skin? 

Tea Tree oil is used to treat blemishes and skin imperfections. Renowned for its powerful, purifying, antibacterial properties. Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of the tea tree. The chemicals in tea tree kill bacteria, fungus and reduce allergic skin reactions. Tea tree oil is less irritating to the facial skin. When applied twice daily, tea tree oil reduces acne symptoms. 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Mattifying Facial Toner claims:
     
Enriched with Community Trade tea tree oil, with shake-to-activate mattifying powders, this toner leaves skin feeling clean, refreshed and visibly clearer. Use after cleansing to remove any residual traces of make-up and impurities, which can clog the pores.

  • Refreshing, purifying toner Made with purifying tea tree oil from the foothills of Mount Kenya
  • Removes residual makeup and impurities
  • Shake-to-activate mattifying powders reduce shine
  • Skin appears visibly clearer
  • Pores appear tighter


Here’s how to use it:
1. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
2. Dispense few drops of tea tree oil toner          to a  cotton swab and apply to the entire        face.
3. Lastly, apply lightweight facial moisturizer or continue with your usual                skincare routine.  
I've been using this toner for almost 3 months now along with my other skincare products. It is 250 ml and costs P695.00. It's quite a big bottle for a toner because most of the over the counter toners are in smaller bottles. I know its pricey for a toner but it does go a long way, it can last up to a month of use, twice daily, morning and evening. The toner color is green and it smells leafy with a little scent of tea. But for someone who doesn't like strong or scented products, you might need to bear with the smell. It will sting at first but your skin enables to adjust in due time, tiis ganda din pag may time haha.

I used this toner with high hopes that it can cure my skin blemishes. I got pimple zits and redness on my face due to stress and maybe the weather condition. I was having a hard time gaining back my healthy skin and thus, I got frustrated. However, after a month of regular use, I noticed gradual skin improvements. My pimples started to heal and the redness slowly disappears. Although some of the pimple scars are still there which I expected because It's not for scar treatment after all, LoL. Although it has been known as a remedy for acne breakouts, it’s unclear whether it can effectively treat acne scars. 

I chose The Body Shop product for the reason that they naturally source their ingredients. I patronize natural products because it's gentler to the skin and environmentally friendly. By the way, this is not a paid post. I'm sharing this to you because it might help you as well. But ladies, take note that some products might work for me but won't work for you or might work for you but not for me. We all know that we have distinct skin conditions and types but don't lose hope. One day you'll find the right product for you as I have found mine. You might wanna give this a try.


Rating: 10 the highest
The result.
  • Removes residual makeup and impurities - 8
  • Reduce shine - 7
  • Skin appears visibly clearer - 8
  • Pores appear tighter - 8
  • Treat Acne - 9
Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Overall Rating - 8


If you have suggestions, insights or any comments, please feel free to comment down below. Hope I'll hear from you and you'll be able to visit this site again.

Ciao! -xoxo-


No comments:

Post a Comment